Search This Blog

Sunday 4 September 2011

Warhammer 40,000 - More Terrain!

In my last 40k post, I mentioned needing more terrain. Well, after going to my local Games Workshop (local being a 40-minute train journey) I came home Friday afternoon with two Cities of Death building sets, a Basilica Administratum and a Manufactorum, of which I already have one of each. After a night of rigorous hard work.
Five hours of non-stop cutting doesn't do wonders for your thumb. 
I found this picture of my cat amongst the construction photos.
It was too funny not to post.
Eventually, I had constructed the pictured building from the Basilica Administratum set and one medium and one small building from the Manufactorum set. With the leftover bits plus some stuff from the Battlefield Accessories, an old CD Tower and a plastic lid, I also built a two-part cooling tower type thing. Leaving the glue to dry, the next day I began to paint. First was a layer of Chaos Black spray paint as the undercoat.
Basecoat done.
Then came building up the layers. I like my buildings dark, so everything was done with drybrushing. I used Scorched Brown, Tin Bitz and Shining Gold on my Basilica Administratum building. On my Manufactorums and the cooling tower I used Codex Grey, Boltgun Metal and Tin Bitz. It came out looking pretty snazzy. Below are some action shots.
New Battle Report coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment