Search This Blog

Thursday 5 April 2012

The new Dalek Paradigm (Revamped)

In Series 5 of Doctor Who, a new breed of Dalek was unveiled to the world - To almost universal criticism. Both the new shape and colours were ridiculed by many, including me.

Now, 2 years on, I've come to the conclusion that the Paradigm Daleks would be greatly improved by either a shape overhaul or a repaint. It looks like in this year's series Mr. Moffat and co. are scrapping the unpopular design, but while scrolling through the thread dedicated to the Paradigm on GallifreyBase, I stumbled across the following image of repainted Character Building Daleks done by user Paninaro:
Source: http://gallifreybase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5598634&postcount=332
I thought these were awesome, and was inspired to do the same with some of my own Character Building Daleks:
L-R: Drone, Strategist, Supreme, Eternal, Scientist
I switched the colours of the Supreme and Eternal round as I thought that black better suited the mysterious nature of the latter - Whom I envisaged to fulfill a role similar to Dalek Sec - and decided not to stop there, so I've put together a caste-based hierachy for the Paradigm. 

I plan to paint up some more of my Daleks based on the above, and will report back when some more are done...

No comments:

Post a Comment